DNYS (Diploma in Naturopathic & Yoga Science) 3 Years
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline. Naturopathy is a form of alternative medicine based on a belief in vitalism,posits that vital energy guides bodily processes such as metabolism.
- • Eligibility: 10+2
- • Course Mode : Year
- • Duration: 3 Year
- • Course Short Name: D.N.Y.S
Definition of Naturopathy-
- • Naturopathy is a system of man building in harmony with the constructive principles of Nature on physical, mental, moral and spiritual planes of living. It has great health promotive, disease preventive and curative as well as restorative potential.
- • According to the manifesto of British Naturopathic Association, "Naturopathy is a system of treatment which recognizes the existence of the vital curative force within the body." It therefore, advocates aiding human system to remove the cause of disease i.e. toxins by expelling the unwanted and unused matters from human body for curing diseases.
- • Definition of Yoga-Yoga is a discipline to improve or develop one's inherent power in a balanced manner. It offers the means to attain complete self-realisation. The literal meaning of the Sanskrit word Yoga is 'Yoke'. Yoga can therefore be defined as a means of uniting the individual spirit with the universal spirit of God. According to Maharishi Patanjali, Yoga is the suppression of modifications of the mind.
- • First Year
COURSE CODE TITLE OF THE COURSE CRADITS DNYS-01 Nature Cure & Physiology 1 DNYS-02 Anatomy 1 DNYS-03 Physiology 1 DNYS-04 Public Health Hygiene 1 DNYS-05 First Aid 1
- • Second Year
COURSE CODE TITLE OF THE COURSE CRADITS DNYS-01 Pathology 1 DNYS-02 Hydro Therapy 1 DNYS-03 Mud Therapy 1 DNYS-04 Chromo Therapy 1 DNYS-05 Facial Expression 1
- • Third Year
COURSE CODE TITLE OF THE COURSE CRADITS DNYS-01 Fasting Nutrition 1 DNYS-02 Massage 1 DNYS-03 Yoga & Pranayam 1 DNYS-04 Gynae & Obstetrics 1 DNYS-05 Management of Diseases 1
- • Assignments
- • Assignment is a means of continuing assessment of theory and practical. Assignments will help you to recapitulate the theory and go back to the text again in case students are unable to answer a particular question. Thus assignments also help to reinforce learning in distance learning system of education. These assignments consist of a set of questions and activities that you will answer at your own place by referring your blocks.
- • The assignments will cover all types of questions (long answer type, short answer type, objective type, multiple choice questions and case studies).
- • The assignments will carry thirty percent weight age. Students will be required to obtain fifty percent marks as pass percentage in each assignment separately. Each assignment will carry 100 marks. In the final result assignments will carry thirty percent weight age.
- Diploma in Naturopathy & Yogic Science Employment Areas:-
- » Yoga & Naturopathy Centres
- » Clinics & Hospitals
- » Health Clubs
- » Event & Sport Centres
- » Academic Institutes
- » Assist. Ayurvedic Doctor
- » Clinical Psychologist